pre-formed masonry arch solutions
Specialist Brick Arch Services
For many centuries brick arches have been a popular attribute of British architecture. They remain the feature of choice for designers on residential properties with brickwork facades. Here at All Brick & Stone we provide a wealth of offsite solutions for brickwork arches, lintels and soffits.
Originally arches were made from full size or oversized soft stock bricks, and were rubbed by hand to achieve the desired finish and size. Modern technology and manufacturing capability has enabled a cost effective way of recreating features that would be labour intensive and expensive to produce using traditional techniques.
The range of possibilities, design scope and flexibility of prefabricated brick arches are endless, and the benefits speak for themselves. We work with architects, developers and clients to offer a bespoke service from initial design right through to delivery. Each project varies considerably and therefore so do our solutions—simply get in touch with us and we’ll do all we can to help.
Benefits of Prefabricated Brick Arches
The techniques of building arches has altered with modern methods of construction and provide many benefits:
- Full drawing take-off service provided as well as design advice and structural calculations where required.
- Flexible design possibilities, offering a truly bespoke product including underslung soffit brickwork, segmental and cambered arches and stepped arches.
- Can be supplied as brickwork bonded to structural concrete or steel lintels, or alternatively non-structural with brick slips bonded to a lightweight backing.
- Structural arches are supplied with lifting eyes to enable mechanical lifting into place for installation.
- Manufactured in factory conditions, ensuring a consistently high quality of production as well as arrival onsite in a clean condition, neatly packaged and ready for install.
- All logistics taken care of by AB&S – we collect required bricks from site to ensure consistency of colour with brickwork onsite.
- Supplied either with open joints for site pointing to ensure consistency of mortar colour or pre-pointed at works.
- Prepared cut bricks can also be supplied loose for forming arches onsite.
lightweight – structural – segmental – cambered – stepped – soffit